Nautical - a fabulous, oceanic inspired deep royal navy blue.
Dixie Belle’s Silk All-in-one Mineral paint. This truly amazing new 'Silk' product range boasts so many qualities including a built-in primer, stain blocker and top coat. It’s easy to apply and self-levelling for a beautiful smooth silky finish.
Available in 20 super colours.
Prep is key to a great finish, clean and scuff sand then you’re good to go!
How To Use Silk All In One Mineral Paint
All surfaces should be properly prepared and cleaned with a strong degreasing cleaning solution such as our best selling cleaner Grime Cutter. Rinse well and allow to dry. Scuff sand glossy surfaces.
- Silk can also be used as a primer, ie if you wanted to over paint with Dixie Belles Chalk Paint. For instance woods that contain tannins, two primer coats of Silk is required for extra bleeders and heavily stained areas.
- The perfect temperature to use Silk All-In-One is between 10-32°C.
- It is not recommended to thin Silk All-In-One it does not react to water like Dixie Belles Chalk Mineral Paint. Avoid thinning silk above 10% as may affect performance
- Apply with a soft synthetic brush like Dixie Belle Mini Brushes.
- Apply with a dry brush or mist your brush if in warm conditions to allow flow
- Apply using long brush strokes avoid overworking ie no back and forth
- If using a sprayer and thinning is required, thin with water at a rate of no more than 10%
- Darker colours can appear to be a little thicker and sometimes require additional dry time between coats. Cooler temperatures or higher humidity may prolong drying time.
- Apply 2 coats of silk allowing 1 - 2 hours between coats in ideal conditions.
- Should not be mixed with Dixie Belle Chalk Paint but can be layered when paints have dried.
- Touch Dry within 45 Mins.
- Cure Time is 21 days